Challenge 4

Challenge #4

Photo Credit: G Alarkon via Compfight cc

For Blog Challenge #4, we are supposed to make a post about our passions, then insert a photo about it, with proper creds. My latest passion is longboarding. Longboarding is a sport evolved from skateboarding, the main difference is size. The deck is longer, the wheels are bigger and all these changes make a significant difference. There are different styles of longboarding, such as cruising (getting from point A to point B), freestyle (closer to skateboard tricks) and freeride (high speeds, big hills and sliding). Can you guess what style I chose? If you guessed freeride, you’re correct.

Freeride longboarding involves high speeds and slides (when the wheels break forward traction). The type of board you ride has a large influence on the style of riding you do. For freeride, the boards usually ride lower to the ground, between 34-40 inches long and have special concave to lock your feet in for sliding and stability.

Sliding is when all 4 wheels break traction and are sliding against the pavement. There are many different variations of sliding, such as ones where your hands are on the ground or standing up.

This is a video that I think shows the freestyle and freeride styles quite well. Click here.

One thought on “Challenge 4

1. Longboarding sounds awesome! I would like to try but I’m not sure if I would have the courage to go down a hill that fast!